MAN Diesel & Turbo SE are managing and operating HPC clusters and Documentum for its organisation and world wide offices.
We are applying the principle of selective sourcing, meaning choosing the service provider that is best suited for the job.
Currently we source IT Services from external providers and internally from our own IT Service Operation Department.
For our IT Service Operation Department we are looking for a HPC Cluster and Documentum Operator and Administrator to support multiple HPC clusters in multiple locations and Documentum. MAN Diesel & Turbo currently employ several HPC clusters spread over several locations in Europe. The clusters are Linux based and use different technologies like Gig-E, InfiniBand, parallel storage, redundant head-nodes.
Due to the geographical spread of our HPC installations and the customer base, travelling must be expected.
- Server administration of compute, head and storage nodes
- Installation of new hardware, software and patches
- Performance monitoring of the HPC and Documentum systems, identifying potential (future) bottlenecks and providing a solution to solve them
- Identifying and provision of storage needs
- Responsible for maintaining agreed service levels with respect to uptime, time to resolve, compute time etc.
- HPC and Documentum user assistance; support, scripts writing, troubleshooting, user accounts
- Workstation support of HPC and Documentum users
- Responsible for all activities (implementation, testing, etc) related to backup and restore
- At least 5 years experience with above tasks in a multinational, multi location environment
- In depth knowledge of RedHat linux, HPC cluster software (xCAT, Rocks, HP Cluster Management Utility)
- In depth knowledge of running HPC clusters with up to 200 CPU cores
- Solid knowledge about InfiniBand, NFS and parallel file systems (PNFS, GPFS)
- Solid knowledge and experience in using scheduling software (SGE, MOAB)
- Solid knowledge and the ability to acquire new knowledge with respect to the latest and greatest in CPU, storage and network technology relevant for HPC clusters
- Experience with several PMI flavours and HPC software like Abaqus, CD-Adapco, Kiva, OpenFOAM, etc.
- Experience with blades technology, Cisco switches, FC
- Experience with Veritas NetBackup
- Good command in the English language
You might also have:
- At least a couple of years of experience in Oracle DB
- Knowledge about running Microsoft servers and MS SQL DB (e.g. certified Microsoft Professional)
- Knowledge about Documentum (DBA, GxP Content- and Index Server environment, eConnector, Arcive Link, docbase, Documentum ADTS & Content servers)
- Good command of German
You are a team player, and possess a good sence of humour, as the team that you will be joining is signified by having a frank tone of speech, and expect good team spirit from their colleagues.
MAN Diesel & Turbo is an international company. We use English as our primary intra company communication language, thus mastering this in speech and writing is a must.
- Salary according to experience and background
- A strong international IT-environment with excellent opportunities to influence processes and applications in an internationally oriented and financially strong company with a proud history and a busy future
For further information regarding the company go to www.mandieselturbo.com.
Information concerning the job, please contact Manager Kim Kryger Andersen by phone +45 3031 9318 or by e-mail Kim.K.Andersen@man.eu
Application and CV to be send electronically in English through the link "send ansøgning". We look forward to hearing from you no later than August 22, 2012. Please note where you have seen our job advertisement.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Version2
MAN Diesel & Turbo is the world's leading provider of large-bore diesel engines and turbomachinery for marine and stationary applications. It designs two-stroke and four-stroke engines that are manufactured both by the company and by its licensees. The engines have power outputs ranging from 450 kW to 87 MW. MAN Diesel & Turbo also designs and manufactures gas turbines of up to 50 MW, steam turbines of up to 150 MW and compressors with volume flows of up to 1.5 million m³/h and pressures of up to 1,000 bar. The product range is rounded off by turbochargers, CP propellers, gas engines and chemical reactors. MAN Diesel & Turbo's range of goods includes complete marine propulsion systems, turbomachinery units for the oil & gas as well as the process industries and turnkey power plants. Customers receive worldwide after-sales services marketed under the MAN PrimeServ brand. The company employs around 12,500 staff at more than 100 international sites, primarily in Germany, Denmark, France, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Italy, India and China. MAN Diesel & Turbo is a company of the Power Engineering business area of MAN SE, which is listed on the DAX share index of the 30 leading companies in Germany.