Are you looking for somewhere to unfold your ambitions as developer? We have the position for you – both you with several years of experience and you who is new to the platform
Karnov Group (formerly known as Thomson Reuters Professional A/S) employs 150 employees and is the leading provider of legal and tax & accounting information to professional users in Denmark and Sweden. We provide knowledge-based workflow, research and decision support solutions which advance our customers’ quality, effectiveness, and growth. In 2011 we were acquired by GMT Communications Partners who has a very strong focus on technology development within its businesses. For Karnov Group this has meant that our new CEO has a technology background from Silicon Valley and that we will be adding even more resources and further capital to the development of our already state of the art information solutions. In other words: Technology is in every sense a key driver and enabling factor of our business. We are now looking at extending our development team in Copenhagen which already holds seven highly educated developers. We work closely together to deliver superior value and user experience to our large group of professional users who rely on our knowledge and solutions to drive the success of their businesses.
If this appeals to you, please note that we are looking for both an experienced developer who can take a lead on major projects and a junior developer with a desire to unfold his/her ambitions together with skilled and competent colleagues. For either position you must be a skilled developer and as such you surely must have expectations about us as well. Here are some of the expectations we know we can honour:
- For the experienced developer we are offering a position with considerable independent responsibility and possibilities to step into character through being the lead on large projects.
- For the junior developer we are offering a position with great potential for developing and extending your skills.
- A technology environment that combines state of the art Ruby and Rails technology with large and complex datasets. Currently our technology stack is based on Rails 3.2, Redis, Resque, Capistrano, Unicorn, Solr/Lucene and Oracle.
- A relaxed working environment characterized by professionalism and a nice collaborative environment with a sound balance between work and family life.
- All opportunities for professional development in and outside the workplace.
- A competitive salary and benefits package that corresponds your qualifications.
We are interested in you if
- You have a higher education – probably within computer science or similar.
- You have worked with application development and are experienced within Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- You have a strong focus on prototyping, architecture, code quality and continuous integration.
- You have experience with the design and development of user interfaces.
- You are fluent in English - and probably able to participate in work related meetings in Danish/ Swedish.
- You are a dedicated team player with a desire to work and communicate in a global environment.
- You are able to – and driven by – understanding user needs.
For further information on the job please contact Development Manager Rasmus Schepelern Hentze at +45 3374 0700. Your application and resume – including a brief description of the projects you have been involved with – may be written in English, Danish or Swedish and sent to HR Director Ulla Meinecke-Søes on the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Ruby Developer” in the topic field. We will be interviewing as we go and are using an external consultant for the hires.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Version2